List of top, (“pure listing nothing else”) respects the protection and privacy of personal information. This statement (“Privacy Statement”) sets out how LISTOFTOP.NET will use and handle personal information provided by or collected from a user (“Users”) on our websites and services, including any mobile version of listoftop.net, mobile applications, and other online services (collectively, the “Site”).
This Privacy Statement may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions agreed by a User in connection with a specific service provided by LISTOFTOP.NET.
Please read this Privacy-Policy Statement of LISTOFTOP.NET carefully and review it periodically for the latest information about LISTOFTOP’s privacy practices. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide LISTOFTOP with your personal information or interact with the Site.
LISTOFTOP will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the LISTOFTOP website. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the date it was Last Updated above.
Except as stated here, this Privacy Statement applies to any personal information collected on the Site or provided offline to LISTOFTOP in connection with LISTOFTOP’s services. Personal data in relation to LISTOFTOP’s newgTLD Program is addressed in a separate personal data privacy statement at
- Personal Information Collection
LISTOFTOP will only collect personal information for the purposes necessary to provide a service or perform its functions. Some examples include:
- Personal information that a User submits to listoftop:This may be personal information such name, address, email address and contact details in connection with an LISTOFTOP service or function including for example public comment submissions, community surveys, email list subscription, general enquiries, event registration, etc.
- Personal information received from a third party:This may include personal information such as name and address to confirm identity or to process a request or an application submitted to LISTOFTOP.
- Automatically logged information:LISTOFTOP’s Site may automatically record information that is sent by the User’s browser when accessing the Site. This information may include information such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, page viewed, operating system, mobile device data, and other similar data. LISTOFTOP uses this information to analyze usage for the purpose of improving Site performance and its services.
- Cookies:Cookies and other user tracking devices (e.g., local shared objects) may be stored on the User’s computer when using LISTOFTOP’s Site. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. LISTOFTOP uses session ID cookies to confirm that a User is logged in. These cookies terminate once the User closes the browser. LISTOFTOP may also deploy persistent cookies to improve User services, including by storing user preferences and tracking user trends. While most browsers are set to accept cookies and other tracking devices by default, Users are always free to decline cookies if the browser permits, however this may affect the Site or User service working properly. The browser manufacturer has information on changing the default setting for that specific browser. User acknowledges the use of such tracking devices as noted in this Privacy Statement, and hereby consents to having such tracking devices stored on the User’s computing devices.
- Personal Information Use
LISTOFTOP will use personal information generally to:
- Provide information or a service requested or consented by the User.
- Assist in the performance of its activities and public interest functions.
- Perform relevant contractual obligations with the User and other third parties.
- Improve LISTOFTOP’s Site content.
- Assist in policy discussion and development activities.
LISTOFTOP will not use personal information for any other purpose than for which it was collected unless:
- Sharing of Personal Information
LISTOFTOP may share certain personal information with contractors and other agents for the purpose of processing this information on LISTOFTOP’s behalf, and providing other services to LISTOFTOP or to the User on behalf of LISTOFTOP. LISTOFTOP requires that these parties agree to handle this information in compliance with appropriate confidentiality obligations and security measures.
LISTOFTOP will provide personal information to third parties, government authorities and agencies as and when required to: (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (ii) protect LISTOFTOP’s or a third party’s legal rights; (iii) receive contracted services or use of licensed products from third party providers; (iv) comply with any court order or legal proceeding; (v) comply with LISTOFTOP’s accountability and transparency principles and disclosure policy; (vi) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or other criminal activity or errors, security or technical issues; or (vii) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of LISTOFTOP, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
LISTOFTOP will not sell or otherwise share any personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. LISTOFTOP will not provide any personal information to third parties for commercial services unless the User have given specific permission or direction.
- Information Security and Integrity
LISTOFTOP will use reasonable industry standard safeguards (which may include physical, procedural and technical measures) to protect against the unauthorized disclosure of personal information it collects and holds. LISTOFTOP will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information collected is complete and relevant to its intended use.
LISTOFTOP’s Site contains links to other third party websites which are subject to the respective privacy policies of those third parties. LISTOFTOP is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked third party sites, and their owners and operators.
Due to the open communication nature of the Internet, LISTOFTOP cannot represent, warrant or guarantee that communications stored on LISTOFTOP servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, loss, misuse or alterations. While LISTOFTOP will take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information received, LISTOFTOP DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OR COMPROMISE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. USERS ARE ADVISED THAT THEY SUBMIT SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Users may request access to their personal information held by LISTOFTOP (if any) to verify if it is complete and accurate. LISTOFTOP will endeavor to respond to genuine requests to access, correct or update personal information retained by LISTOFTOP, where appropriate. Requests may be sent by email to [email protected].
LISTOFTOP will retain personal information stored on our servers in accordance with our general archival practices and as required or permitted by law.
LISTOFTOP does not knowingly collect or require personal information from children under the age of 13.
- Questions or Contacting Listoftop.net
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact LISTOFTOP at [email protected].